01 March 2011

Simple Wallet to rockin' Wristlet DIY... aka Pimp my Purse

I'm not a big fan of handbags for every-day errands (because they don't match any track pants and sneakers), and most wallets can fit everything I need like my phone and keys, so I decided to turn a simple wallet into a neat clutch/wristlet.


All you need for this is some pliers (with a medium to fine point, like needle-nose or larger), some studs (ebay or craft store) to match the existing hardware on the wallet, needle and thread, scissors and any dangly things you may want to attach.
.


.(click picture to enlarge)
I happen to have a long strap from another bag that also had brass details, so I cut it at the length I needed, pierced a new hole for the buckle and slipped the strap through the D-ring (which goes into the newly made hole and eyelet) You might like to sew the strap near the d-ring together to stop it turning. Using pliers open the charm links and place them wherever you see fit. Easy as... have fun!
.
.
Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, good site very much appreciatted

yogamama said...

I love it. My keys are huge but I think I could do a big D ring so the caribiner can attach.